Police Investigation Underway in Hollis Home Invasion

YouTube video


In a recent incident in Hollis, New Hampshire, police are on the lookout for individuals who broke into a home. The incident occurred early in the morning, with the victims being a 93-year-old homeowner and her 60-year-old caretaker. The suspects allegedly entered the house, startling the residents, and tying them up before leaving. This article will provide a detailed account of the incident, the ongoing police investigation, and the measures being taken to ensure the safety of the community.

The Hollis Home Invasion

At approximately 4:35 am, authorities received a distress call reporting a home invasion in progress. Responding swiftly, officers arrived at the scene to find the elderly homeowner and her caretaker shaken by the incident. It remains unclear whether the subjects threatened or communicated their intentions to the victims. The victims, who have not been identified, were inside the house at the time of the invasion.

Investigation by State Police Major Crimes Unit

Upon arrival at the scene, investigators from the State Police Major Crimes Unit immediately began searching for evidence. Their presence, along with local law enforcement, was evident as police cruisers lined the street where the home is located. The investigation is still ongoing, and authorities are diligently working to gather any information that may lead to the identification and apprehension of the suspects.

Unanswered Questions

The motive behind the break-in remains unclear, as does the exact number of individuals involved. Authorities speculate that the suspects may have been searching for something specific, although it is uncertain what, if anything, was stolen from the residence. One detail that has been established is that the subjects wore masks, adding to the sense of violation experienced by the victims.

Victims Tied Up

Before departing the scene, the suspects tied up both women, resulting in a harrowing ordeal for the victims. However, the caretaker managed to free herself and sought help from a neighbor, ultimately contacting the authorities. Thankfully, the 93-year-old homeowner only sustained non-life-threatening injuries but was still taken to the hospital for treatment.

Vehicles Recovered

As part of their ongoing investigation, law enforcement also discovered two vehicles connected to the incident. One vehicle, a minivan, was found in the driveway of the targeted home, while another was located on Depot Road. Police are currently trying to determine the role these vehicles played in the crime and whether they were stolen or linked to the suspects.

Neighbourhood Response and Police Assistance

The area of Rooster Road, where the home invasion occurred, has been cordoned off as the investigation continues. While some residents expressed concern about the incident, police have reassured the community that they are actively working to apprehend the individuals responsible. Authorities have urged residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity in the area.


The Hollis home invasion has left the community in shock and the victims traumatized. Law enforcement agencies, including the State Police Major Crimes Unit, are fully committed to investigating the incident and bringing the perpetrators to justice. This isolated incident serves as a reminder to remain vigilant and take necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and the security of our homes.

Note: This article was written based on a transcript of a YouTube video titled “Police search for people who broke into Hollis home” by WMUR-TV.

Leave a Comment