As a prospective homebuyer or property owner, it is important to have accurate and up-to-date information about property taxes. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of looking up property tax details in St. Lucie County, Florida. By using the two recommended websites, you can access comprehensive property information and verify if a property has a homestead exemption.
Key Websites for Property Tax Information in St. Lucie County
- WPA-SLC.org – St. Lucie County Property Appraiser’s Website
- St. Lucie County-Taxes.com/public – St. Lucie County Tax Collector’s Website
Both of these websites provide essential property information for St. Lucie County. Let’s dive into the step-by-step process of using these websites and accessing property tax details.
Step-by-Step Process: Using the Property Appraiser’s Website
- Start by visiting the official St. Lucie County Property Appraiser’s website at WPA-SLC.org.
- On the homepage, locate the search feature at the top middle of the page. Click on the drop-down box and choose “Property Address”.
- Enter the street number and name of the property you are searching for. It is recommended to exclude street directional indicators such as Southwest, Drive, Circle, or Avenue.
- Click the magnifying glass icon located on the right side of the search box to initiate the search.
- The search results page should ideally display only one result. Click on the highlighted word “Show Card” to view the property record.
- Within the property record, you will find the owner’s name, their current mailing address, and a detailed sales history if available.
- To check for exemptions or to verify if the property has a homestead exemption, navigate to the “Tax” tab at the top of the page.
- Clicking on the “Tax” tab will open a new screen, displaying the property tax details.
Step-by-Step Process: Using the Tax Collector’s Website
- Access the St. Lucie County Tax Collector’s website at StLucieCounty-Taxes.com/public.
- On the search screen, input the address of the property you want to investigate.
- Select the radio button for “Property Taxes”.
- Click the “Search” button to retrieve the property tax details.
- The search results page will provide information about the property’s tax history.
- Click on the appropriate link for the most recent tax bill, which will display a comprehensive breakdown of the taxes, including ad valorem and non-ad valorem taxes.
Additional Resources and Support
If you have any further questions or require assistance regarding a specific property, feel free to reach out to Sarah Taylor, a highly experienced broker associate with Remax Masterpiece Realty in Port St. Lucie, Florida. You can contact Sarah directly via her website, phone, or email, which are conveniently listed on her website.
By utilizing the St. Lucie County Property Appraiser’s website and the Tax Collector’s website, you can easily access property tax information and gain a comprehensive understanding of a property’s tax history. Understanding a property’s taxes is crucial when purchasing real estate or verifying if a property qualifies for a homestead exemption. Stay informed and make informed decisions with the help of these user-friendly websites.